8.15.2010

Mirai Nikki

I've been following this for a while now and couldn't see the future of it whatsoever. I wish I had my own...

Mirai Nikki



Storyline: 9/10
It's just so unpredictable and full of WTF moments that it's great. However, because of the vast amount of WTF moments found throughout the manga, Mirai Nikki has pissed me off quite abit. It isn't that bad though and I guess it's good to be slightly annoyed once in a while =P I really like the concept of the game but not so much the violence. The chance to become the god of time and space through a dangerous game requiring merciless bloodshed is just n__n Yeah, Mirai Nikki is pretty good. Although except for the fact that the protagonist always wins somehow despite his wimpy attitude, everything else is just that unpredictable. I wouldn't be able to tell what will happen next or what kind of backstabbing will occur.

Characters: 9/10
Each character is very psycho in their own way and the more important characters have their own back stories which is revealed throughout the manga. They are all also very distinct with their quirks and personalities. Some may be stock-type characters but then there's always something, no matter how little, that screws them up. It's really interesting actually. Now that I think about it, maybe it's a representation of each corner of the human psyche! O___O Okay, maybe I'm just over-thinking things now =P In any case, the character designs are pretty simple. Nothing too special but there are some really unique ones =D Each one fit their personalities pretty well actually =]

Overall: 9/10
The backstabbing and the twists and turns make this such a suspenseful and mind-boggling thriller that a violent and psychologically interested person would absolutely adore it! I'd recommend it to that kind of person (as if it wasn't obvious enough) or just anyone looking for something more interesting. The art is appropriate for every scene, the story is well thought out and the characters are all so special n_n Mirai Nikki will definitely have you guessing what's in store :'D

No comments: