12.03.2009

XXIX

"To be is to do. And the more there is on your to-do list, the more reassured you are that you must count for something."

This is a quote from Margaret Wente's book An Accidental Canadian: Reflections on My Home and (Not) Native Land but I read it from one of my textbooks in English 12 called The Act of Writing under the essay titled Busy, Busy, Busy.

Wow, that is a lot of italics. haha.

So if you don't understand what these two sentences are saying, it basically means that the more busy you are, the more alive and more needed you feel. For me, this quote speaks how I really am in an aspect of my life. I like to feel needed and therefore, I find ways to be really busy. I feel like I'm alive and that I'm contributing to this world in some way or another by being busy. The feeling of stress keeps me alive! It's strange, I know and sometimes I just want to breakdown and cry but I know that I have to hold my head up high and finish what I started.

On the up-side, if you involve yourself in something that you like, it's actually quite fun =) For example, I involve myself in church, my class and my school as a whole. I'm the social executive for both my class and the school, the secretary of my church youth group, a yearbook team member and being heavily involved in the behind the scenes of this play (and playing a part in it as well) AND being on the basketball team..that's a lot of stuff don't you think? But I like it! It keeps my mind off of things that make me feel unhappy even though some of these events bring unhappiness and stress, it's better than emotional unhappiness. =P

It's strange. It even came to the point where I'm starting to get bothered by the fact that my room is just so messy! I want to clean it @___@


So is anyone else out there like me? To be is to do?

No comments: