6.20.2010

boooooooooooooooo =(

So I've been sick since...Wednesday. I would say Thursday but Wednesday was when I began feeling the symptoms - sore throat, stuffed nose in the morning, etc. It sucks cause I'm on a streak! Last year or two years ago, there was a time when I would get sick every two months but since my mom started this whole "drink freshly squeezed orange or grapefruit juice every morning and my dad continuing it with lemon since my mom left" thing in February, I have NEVER gotten sick since! Strangely enough, while I was out on Wednesday buying some corn and other stuff for this BBQ my friend was having in honour of Game 7 of the NBA Playoffs with the Lakers VS Celtics, a friend of mine called. We had plans the next day but we had to cancel because he began to feel sick. I began telling him about what my parents were making me drink and he seemed skeptical about it. I told him that I have not gotten sick so it must be working. Ironically, I got super sick on Thursday night. -o- I'm still not well yet but I did get considerably much better on Friday (but only on Friday it seems since I went back to medium sickness yesterday and today).

Anyway, here are Izzy's go-to remedies to getting healthier:

1. SLEEP for at LEAST 16 hours the first day.
-> Like I said, I got considerably much better on Friday despite having such a terrible night on Thursday. My cold was gone the whole Friday!

2. Neocitran
-> Love this stuff. Relieves the stuffy nose =)

3. Tylenol Extra Strength
-> Helps you sleep longer

4. Buckley's
-> The menthol in it clears the sinus area, thus allowing you to breathe better.
-> I know it tastes horrible but it works. Okay? Suck it up and don't be such a fucking pussy.

5. Hot water w/ sliced ginger. and lots of it.
-> Water is always good but ginger gives it that extra kick. Didn't they say that ginger is good for you anyway? =P

6. Warm clothes
-> I always wear a scarf, thick socks and long sleeves to bed whenever I'm sick whether it's summer or not. It helps to sweat it out o: Especially when you have a fever

7. Tissue
-> Obviously! To blow your nose and wipe with =)

8. Linen change
-> Indeed. Change your linens after to get rid of the bacteria in your room -o-;
-> Cleaning your actual room helps too!

And there you have it! I hope you guys take this advice in the future (or some of it) and get better quicker =)

I'll be posting again soon regarding the NBA finals + that day and my upcoming grad! ^_^

2 comments:

Kenn said...

I greeted you too sista!

Anonymous said...

I hope you feel better soon Izzy <3 I actually love Neocitran...it's so delicious. Sometimes getting sick isn't THAAAAT bad cause I get a nice warm cup of Neocitran LOL.