7.28.2010

Kimi ni Todoke

This next manga is a typical shoujo manga but it's simplicity has captured my heart! Teehee xD It's called...

Kimi ni Todoke



Storyline: 8/10
Very predictable and it follows all the typical events that you need in a shoujo manga such as Valentine's, Christmas and New Year's. It's a shoujo manga that will not fail to meet your expectations. It is complete with love triangles, opposite positions on the social totem pole, standing up to bullying and meddling teachers but it's still really cute! No deep themes. Just your average high school drama. Unfortunately, because of this, it's predictable but it still makes your heart go "SQUEEE" and that's why I like it =) It's not too complicated either and it's a simple plot. It was originally a 7/10 but +1 for simplicity. I realized that I liked this manga because of it's simplicity. A nice contrast to Liar Game which I'm also following.

Characters: 8/10
Once again, a stereotypical set of characters all around so -1 for that. There is minor character development as you see the protagonists growing in their own way along with their friends as well. I like the way they're drawn. It's very mellow looking and Sawako's image suits her character. She's also really cute because of her personality. Kazehaya is *drool* (by now, you guys can probably tell my type haha) ^_^ I forgot what the other -1 was for =( But there's something!! Or maybe I just don't want the overall rating to be so low =P OH YEAH! I REMEMBER NOW. -1 because of the misunderstandings being caused by each character's insecurity =P I hate that.

Overall: 7.5/10
Cute and squeezes a girl's heart! I'd recommend it as a guilty pleasure type read for girls (and boys if you like this stuff). Still ongoing though. Apparently, there's a live-action version :O!! Maybe I'll check it out if I get out of my "too lazy to download" phase. But yeah, it's just really cute and nothing too special but still worth checking out.

2 comments:

Kenn said...

Squeezes a guy's heart too. There's also a great anime series by Production IG. The anime in HD is absolutely spectacular.

izmeister15 said...

Wow really?! n__n How exciting! I just hope that it doesn't stray or get too over exaggerated.