7.23.2010

Kyou Kara Ore Wa

Okay, next on my list is the latest one that has been added on my "To Follow" list and that is...Kyou Kara Ore Wa! Recommended to me by Kenn, I read it and got hooked. It took my two days to catch up to but now I'm keeping tabs on it like there's no tomorrow. So here goes...

Kyou Kara Ore Wa


Storyline: 9/10
It's different from what I have ever read. It's rare to read about two losers trying to make it big at a totally new school and succeeding so easily. It's hilarious and there's different stories and arcs each and every time. It always makes me laugh and it's just so stupid but it's hilarious! It's stupid and slapstick humour but you just can't help but laugh. The story though is like...going nowhere. At least, I don't feel that it is. It's just like a diary or daily recollections for the main character, Mitsuhashi. That's where the -1 came from.

Characters: 7/10
Formula characters with little to no development. Not that many surprises with what the characters are going to do in terms of whether it will be in character or not, but definitely many surprises in what they are specifically going to do. The art fits the story and the characters though =) They're just a really funny bunch xD

Overall: 8/10
Yeah, the overall score isn't so high but it's still funny. I recommend this if you're having a terrible day. It's so funny and outrageous! A high amount of profanity though but if you can see past that stuff then this is for you. Also, lots of fighting so it isn't boring :D It's really funny. That's all. LOL

1 comment:

Kenn said...

Characters are predictable in what they will. How far they will take it, on the other hand, is a completely different thing. Can never be too sure when it's Mitsuhashi.

;o Should mentioned about how it's from the late 80's